I like the design for The Shining's movie poster because I have always found the positive space and negative space play between text very intriguing. By changing color of the text, and the natural spaces when using it can create it's own kind of depth, but is also kind of pixelated at the same time. It's a very busy space.
For the poster of The Theory of Everything I like the how simple the play between light and dark/ positive and negative space is again, but it is on a more simple scale. It is more prominent because of the use of only black and white, and simple curved lines. Making one half of the heart look like chalk and the other look like a science/health-based chart also adds an interesting side to the first glance concept of the poster itself as well.
Lastly, the poster for Her is more complicated than the first two. I love how the mouse arrow symbol is so different in contrast to the girls more realistic style. The clash of the pixel and the more smooth (slightly more realistic depending on how you look at it) is something that not a lot of people do (that I have seen anyway). She is a nice focal point around the clicker icon.



No comments:
Post a Comment